Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Ah, the joys of living in a walkable small town. Yesterday, after work, I closed my Main Street real estate office and walked south to the newly opened "For You Only" Antiques and Collectibles. I passed two recently opened businesses along the way. Locals envision a time when many needs, services and conveniences can be found within a short stroll of home.

I met my wife, Liana, and several neighbors who had walked over from our loft homes, just off of Main Street. Afterwards Liana walked down the street to join a few neighbors for a Bible Study.

One day residents will be able to walk to the Commuter Rail Station and connect with transit villages within the city of Atlanta and other walkable small towns along the way.

Visit us online at www.hamptontown.info.

No comments: